Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Speed Dating 101


Last Sunday I took part in Flintridge Books and LA Parent Magazine's Meet the Author event.  It was awesome.  Five of us young adult authors sat at tables while groups of moms and daughters circulated around, spending ten to fifteen minutes at each table, asking questions, shooting the breeze, and getting to know one another, much like a single's speed dating event (but without all the pressure and desperation).  What a fun idea!  When it was all over, the authors sat down together and did the same thing.  How I wish this had been around when I was a kid.  Thanks to Catherine Linka and LA Parents' Mag for including me in a super fun event.  If this had really been speed dating, I'd like to think I'd have gone home with more than few phone numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment